Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP NEEDED PLEASE - Solicitors.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 1 Feb 2008 22:16

Hi,

I wonder is some kind member could help me with this query, I have the name of a Solicitors in England from the mid 1970's however, I do not have an address or the area.
Has anyone any idea how I can trace this firm ?

Thanks for your time :O)

LD

LD Report 1 Feb 2008 22:29

Have you tried to Google the name ?

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 1 Feb 2008 22:36

try the law society

Sheila

Sheila Report 1 Feb 2008 22:37

Hi

Tried that and getting all sorts of matches, but no solicitors, wondered if their would be a list held somewhere, even if they no longer practise.
The problem is not knowing the area :O(

Sheila

Sheila Report 1 Feb 2008 22:58

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the information, just tried doing a search for it and there is nothing coming up :O(
Thanks anyway !

SamInKent

SamInKent Report 1 Feb 2008 23:19

Sheila

It is possiable that some of their documents may have reference on a2a site. If you try searching for them there this may just help give you an address.

Sam

http://www.a2a.org.uk/

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 1 Feb 2008 23:23

Sheila, if you put the name up on here someone might have heard of them, or as suggested look up the law society and write/email/phone them.

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 2 Feb 2008 05:43

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/home.law and click on 'contact us'

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 4 Feb 2008 00:01

Do try the law society. I was searching around for something yesterday and found that the Insitute of Chartered Accountant in England and Wales have an entire family history section for old firms and members.

Margaret