Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed please with IRVING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 6 Feb 2008 19:14

Robert Irving born in Scotland abt 1838 England census 1861. Married to elizabeth tollitt 1868 listed as aged 30 and a joiner. On his marriage certificate his father is listed as John Irving (Shoe maker). They married west derby (i think this is liverpool) A hot match Karen very kindly sent me info Robert irving born 1838 terreges kirkcudbright father john mother jane mcguffie (Roberts middle name on his marriage cert was (Mcguffick) this could be a mis spelling was Mcguffie?? Roberts son William (born 1869) was in Ruthwell Dumfries on the 1871 census with a great aunt helen. This means roberts father John had a sister named Helen?? I could not find Robert or his wife elizabeth. There is a death of a robert irving in 1872 (west derby) of a robert irving and the age is right is this why william was sent to ruthwell dumfries. How do ruthwell dumfries and terregles kirkcudbright come together i do not know (they might not) Are these areas near to one another. Please can anybody help or have i confused you as much as i have confused myself.
Thank you
Julie

Joan

Joan Report 7 Feb 2008 08:54

You want to know how far Ruthwell, Dumfries and Terregles Kikcudbright are apart...?
Joan

alviegal

alviegal Report 7 Feb 2008 11:34

Here is a marriage for his parents

JOHN IRVING Pedigree
Male Family

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Marriages: