Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I find a Member

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 6 Feb 2008 20:00

I have been asked by someone to contact a member who is researching her family. This member has already been in contact with this lady's brother who is not really interested in family history but he will not pass on the information he has got off this member.

All we know about the member is that her name is Nicky or Nichola and one of the names she has got in her tree is Mary Jane Clark, who's first marriage was to Thomas Potterton and second marriage to William Atkins.

I have been asked to try and contact Nicky so that I can hopefully get them in contact with each other.

Please can someone advise me how to do this.

Christine

Victoria

Victoria Report 6 Feb 2008 20:10

Hi Christine,

There is a nicola with a Thomas Potterton born in 1855 in Lancashire. Could it be the correct one? Just put Thomas Potterton in the quick search at the top and see what you think. It is on the 2nd page.

BW

Jane

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 6 Feb 2008 20:11

Put the name Thomas Potterton in the search box at the top of this screen then have a look to see if a Nicky or Nicola has this name in their tree.

It is then entirely up to this other member whether they wish to exchange information or not.

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 6 Feb 2008 20:12

Hi Christine,

Click on search trees at the top of the page and you can put the names Mary Jane Clark or Thomas Potterton in and approx birth year and see if they come up.

Christine

Christine

Christine Report 6 Feb 2008 20:23

Thank you for your replies I will try your suggestions

Christine