Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 7 Feb 2008 19:51

Does anyone have a copy of cheshire parish records particularly Mottram in longdendale please for a look up. Thanks 1790ish onwards
Chris x

Chris

Chris Report 7 Feb 2008 20:10

I am going off line now so please dont think i am ignorant if there are any replies thanks Chris xx

Dea

Dea Report 7 Feb 2008 20:12

There are several sites which might give the info - who and what are you looking for?

Dea x

:{{{0())~}        Ian         مْر

:{{{0())~} Ian مْر Report 7 Feb 2008 20:16

http://search.labs.familysearch.org

The Cheshire vital records from 1538 - 1900 are there. Free. (Actually, to be precise, it is the Bishops Transcripts)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 7 Feb 2008 21:28

The BVRI discs have coverage of Mottram in Longdendale, christenings 1811-1892 and marriages 1811-1837. I'd be happy to do look-ups.
Margaret

Ann

Ann Report 7 Feb 2008 23:39

They have Cheshire on the new LDS site which has images on. Haven't looked at them as have no one in Cheshire so don't know what parishes are covered. But seems a good site.
Ann

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 8 Feb 2008 02:01

You could try this one too:

http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb/Live/v3.3/database.html

Chris the gardening

Chris the gardening Report 8 Feb 2008 06:05

Thanks for the information Ian, it has helped me with a family mystery as I could see the christening of my gggrandfather and it had his mothers name on it. Chris.