Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could someone double check

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 8 Feb 2008 18:19

GRO marriages please, June Qrt 1862 Hannah Shenton I can't read the ref number, and I have forgoton is there anyway of cross checking for the grooms name?.
Thank's Gill

Potty

Potty Report 8 Feb 2008 18:23

Where were you looking Gill - it's quite clear on freebmd. To find possible partners, click on the page number:
Marriages Jun 1862 (97%)
Shenton Hannah Stoke T. 6b 246
Dodd William Stoke T 6b 246
Nixon Mary Stoke.T. 6b 246
Ratcliff Thomas Stoke T. 6b 246

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 8 Feb 2008 18:31

Thank's Potty & Alice, I was looking on Ancestry, I did think it was 246, I havn't used Ancestry GRO for a while, I didn't find it on Free BMD, looked all afternoon, must be loosing it abit must get back into practice. thank's both. Gill

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 8 Feb 2008 18:36

Thank's again Alice, I was hoping the parish would be Shelton, St Mark. didn't find anything for that parish on Staffs BMD that's why I was looking on GRO thinking there might be something that hadn't been transcribed on Staffs.
Gill