Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Ormond Street Hospital some case notes onlin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 8 Feb 2008 22:05

Don't know if anyone's seen this website.

It has case notes of 85,000 children admitted between 1852 when the hospital opened and 1914.

It's fascinating even if you don't find anyone you are looking for.

http://www.smallandspecial.org/

Linda

Karen

Karen Report 8 Feb 2008 22:16

Oooh... I've just had a look and it looks fascinating! Will definitely register and have a look when I've got more time. Searched for my family names but nothing striking came up (maybe that's a good thing!). Thanks for the link Linda. Karen x

Linda

Linda Report 8 Feb 2008 22:18

Sounds interesting, thanks for that I'll take a look.
Linda

Irene

Irene Report 9 Feb 2008 19:13

Thank you - well worth a look as the address of some of the children is given. Easy to put in the names you are researching - you never know you may find a family member. Regards Irene

Sarahh

Sarahh Report 9 Feb 2008 19:41

I had a quick look and if I go back far enough and if i can find the connection in my tree (as it was a not so common name) then I might have had a relative in there for measles.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Feb 2008 19:56

Thanks for telling us about this site. I've registered and it looks fascinating.

Kath. x