Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2 Park Lane Croydon Surrey UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kaye

Kaye Report 9 Feb 2008 22:28

I had relatives (Perry) that lived in 2 Park Lane, Croydon in 1871 (census) . How would I obtain a photo or picture of this dwelling either as it was then or as it is now.
Regards Kaye (Aust)

LD

LD Report 9 Feb 2008 22:44

Kaye, you could try www.ukoldphotos.com they may have something.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 9 Feb 2008 22:48

Kaye

I used to live in Croydon (for my sins :-). The council offices are in Taberner House, Park Lane. Have you tried googling? Or, maybe email the council?

I used to drive that route on my way to work. The labour party have offices on the corner - that may be no 2 Park Lane.

Angela

LD

LD Report 9 Feb 2008 22:55

Were Brooke Bond on Park Lane ? Maybe something on their website.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 9 Feb 2008 22:58

LD

Nestle are further up Park Lane.

Think Brooke Bond were on the High Street.

Angela

LD

LD Report 9 Feb 2008 23:05

http://www.francisfrith.com/search/england/surrey/croydon/photos/croydon_photos.htm

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Feb 2008 09:00

I e.mailed Croydon library about an old electoral roll ( 1956) and had a very quick reply.
I would think that they would be able to point you in the right direction or may even be able to help you themselves.

Gwyn

Alistair

Alistair Report 10 Feb 2008 09:59

Kaye

The area has been subject to widespread commercial development. No.2 seems to be the address of a branch of the following:

Wagamama
2-8 Park Lane
Croydon
CR0 1JA
Telephone: 020 8760 9260

Alistair