Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need help finding death or burial of my grandmothe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 11 Feb 2008 14:07

Is there anyone that can please help?

I have lost my paternal grandmother!

Her married name was Ethel May Moles, but she was born Ethel May Francklin. Born 1891 Tottenham.

I know she died shortly before my parents married, which was late September 1946. Believe most likely date of death was 1945.

She was last known in the Edmonton area of London, but it's possible that she may have re-married before death.

I cannot find her in the death records under Francklin, Franklin, or Moles and neither can I find a 2nd marriage for her.

If anyone could help with burials in that area I'd be eternally grateful!

Many Thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Feb 2008 14:46

you would need to know what name she was at death to stand a chance of finding her burial. Take it theres no one now to ask if she had remarried?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Feb 2008 14:56

have checked Ancestry for 1944-1946 inc and no Ethel Moles death found

Denise

Denise Report 11 Feb 2008 15:28

Hi Shirley

Thanks for getting back to me. I can't be certain what name she was at death, and, unfortunately, no-one is sure whether she re-married or not.

I've never managed to find a re-marriage for her either.

I've been poring over the death records for a couple of years now, looking at as many different spellings of her name as possible.

Just about my only hope now is to find a gravestone in the name of Ethel May Moles or Ethel May Francklin in the Edmonton area with a year of death of 1945.