Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another brain may be useful

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 13 Feb 2008 04:24

Agnes Ann NURSE was b 13 May 1853 in Colchester to mother Sarah NURSE.
Mother married 1856 to Gustav KRAFFT
Agnes Ann bap 1866 Colchester as Agnes Ann Krafft
Gustav and Sarah have dau on 17 Jan 1859 who they name Agnes Sarah (see the first problem - two daughters with same name - but don't worry - the mother has a sister Sarah as well!!!!)
I am following the 1853 Agnes Ann.
In 1871 she is down as Margaret Ann Croft in Colchester.
In 1881 she is Anne Croft in the Isle of Wight
1891 she is with her married sister who is Agnes Scarr.
1901 she is still with her sister's family in Lambeth
then nothing........she must have married or died but I can't find her. Spellong of Kraft doesn't make it any easier (Krafft, Kraft, Craft, Croft etc.)
She also has a brother James Richard Nurse b Jan 1856. Also baptised Krafft 1n 1866 Colchester.
I have him in all census except 1881 - suspect he may have been in the army or hiding somewher - I have a marriage for him in July 1875 and a bigamous marriage in 1886

I lose Gustav Krafft after he becomes a father in 1859 except for vague references!!

Any suggestions gratefully received

Peter

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 13 Feb 2008 07:14

I saw that James Richards first wife Harriet East was living with William Hilton on the 1891 census.

Only the 1 Krafft child the same as in 1881.
Obviously James Richard didnt stick around long..Bit like his old man

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 13 Feb 2008 08:23

She married William Hilton too, whilst JR was still alive. Her son, on his marriage cer named his father as "soldier, deceased"althoug he didn't die til 1039!!
JR by his bigamous marriage to Clara Bradley had six children, so he was actually married to her for 55 years - must have changed his ways - but Clara never knew he had been married before (she was a very strict Baptist!!)

Peter

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 13 Feb 2008 09:16

Thanks Michael - will get cert and see if it helps. I wish they would hurry with the 1911 census!!!!!

Peter