Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death of English Citizen in America?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Feb 2008 17:41

If my Grandad Henry Dipple sometimes known as Henry George Dipple died in America would it be listed here or in America or in both, if America how do I search their death records.
Thankyou, Maggie

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Feb 2008 18:08

Hi Maggie:

I've seen British citizens listed on Ancestry (starting in the 1940's, I believe).

Would you like me to take a look?

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Feb 2008 18:24

Hi Lisa, He was my Great Grandad and he died between 1898 when he married his second wife Fanny Jane Randall and 1914 when she remarried and her certificate said she was a widow. Can't find him anywhere.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Feb 2008 18:31

If you have his date of birth please, I can look on Ancestry for records in America.

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Feb 2008 18:34

Hi Lisa, He was born 27 December 1855

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Feb 2008 18:47

Didn't see him in Canada in 1901 (although I didn't try all variations of the surname):
http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/index.jsp

Still looking on Ancestry. :)

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Feb 2008 18:59

Thanks Lisa have added that to my favourites. I can't find him anywhere in 1901 his wife is living with her brother. Maggie

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Feb 2008 19:05

Not finding him anywhere. Have you tried google searches? If not, may I ask where he was born, please?

Also looked on inGeneas; he's not there, but most of their records are for an earlier time frame:
http://www.ingeneas.com/
(Only looked, in case he went to Canada.)

Sorry, don't see anything on Ancestry. (I've missed a few before, though.)

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Feb 2008 19:17

Thanks Lisa, he was born in Bethnell Green, he was a carpenter, will try google, I did try it a long time ago but will have another go. Maggie

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Feb 2008 19:26

Sorry I couldn't find anything. Best of luck.