Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOW CAN I DELETE AN ESSENTIAL RELATIVE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Granny

Granny Report 15 Feb 2008 21:33

and then put them back in the correct place. This person is my Gt Grandfather, but I put his brother as his Dad by mistake.

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 15 Feb 2008 21:53

I have a similar problem where I added a gtgrandmother with a father from info taken from the census. Big mistake . When I got her birth cert her mother wasnt married. The"father" on the census was her grandfather.

You cant delete from the beginning because you would need to delete yourself. I just put in the notes what had happened. I know you can use a gedcom and transport your tree from GR ,correct it and transport it back.

Okay should have read your message properly.
Change the name not delete the name of the person you have as father to the correct one.

You change it by backspacing. I remember I couldnt understand how to get rid of someone without deleting and got in a pickle.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 15 Feb 2008 22:09

Because GR in thier wisdom wont allow us to amend our mistakes....

I have a whole family dotted all over my tree called 'WRONG' (looks like we have a Chinese branch!)lol

Guess what? I get hot matches for them too! lol

Go to your ggrandfathers box (where his other son is) and change name and details......to your ggrandfathers details...

...then go to the brothers box and rename him 'wrong' (or what ever)

Granny

Granny Report 15 Feb 2008 22:13

Thanks Still Looking, although I am having trouble trying to add details to this person now I have added him as a son, instead of a Grandson. I keep putting his wife in, but next time I look she is not there. Is it me who is thick or what?

Keith

Keith Report 15 Feb 2008 23:08

you are not thick i have put wrong names on my tree when i tried to correct i found i had his wife and mother both the same person ..so have two more mistakes but am leaving them ...but as baffled as you how to correct the more i try the more it seems to have a mind of its own

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 15 Feb 2008 23:16

Have had the same problem myself........if you email GR and explain whats happened ,and who you want deleted making sure you give name and year of birth, they will do it for you.

Nicky

Ceefer

Ceefer Report 15 Feb 2008 23:35

Hey !, you are not thick , just happened to make mistakes , Click in the box and adjust the names below and see if that works ; 0 ))
It works for me as I'm always making mistakes . good luck Granny !
Gala

Granny

Granny Report 16 Feb 2008 17:39

Thanks everyone for your help. I will try EMailing GR as suggested, to see if I can sort this.

Thanks again.

Granny