Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish records Richmond Surrey.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 16 Feb 2008 15:40

Does anyone know where I can access records for St Mary's Magdeline, Richmond please. I need to view pre-1767 and have written to the reverend who is there now and he is unable to help. I have hit a brick wall with the family name of Stanford and don't know where to look now. I have tried Hugh Wallis site but doesn't have early records.
Thanks Di

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Feb 2008 15:47

I checked the BVRI discs and they have coverage of Richmond but not starting until 1839, so that's no help.

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 16 Feb 2008 15:48

Yes - the Richmond Local Studies Centre is brilliant.

Richmond upon Thames Local Studies Library
Old Town Hall
Whittaker Avenue
Richmond
TW9 1TP
Tel: 020 8332 6820
Email: [email protected]

Hang on... is that you, Faith, under another name? I work almost opposite St Marys so I could take a picture of a grave if you like.

And Hi Margaret! How are things in Canada?

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 16 Feb 2008 16:03

Hi Paul
Yes it's me. I tried to sneak on without you looking. LOL. I am looking for details of the parents of Richard b1767. You have been so kind as to take photo's and do searches for me in the past. I am at the brick wall as I don't know whether the family moved to Richmond from Kent or whether they were in the Richmond area pre 1750's. I get confused between the local studies centres and the record offices.
I have tried Jane Baxter before but she wasn't able to help either.
Margaret thank you for looking too.
Di

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Feb 2008 16:43

Hi, Paul, was just thinking of you this morning when some new records came my way, so looked for Tilton/Stewart. Nothing, nada. However, if you'd like some snow, I could send you a ton!