Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death cert information

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 16 Feb 2008 16:05

I have just received the death cert of the person I think is my great grandfather. I was hoping that the person who was the informant would be my great grandmother, thus being able to make it a definite cert.

Sadly, he was killed when he fell off a roof whilst at work, and the info on the cert gives the coroner as the informant.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to if there is another way I could confirm this cert as being "mine"????

Kathlyn

Sue in Sunny Worthing

Sue in Sunny Worthing Report 16 Feb 2008 16:11

l don't know if this will help or not Kathlyn but I had a similar situation. As it was an accident and the coroner was involved, mine was reported in the local paper at the time and the article gave me loads of information that I would never have known.

Might be worth a try, the library for the area in question would probably have local newspapers on microfilm.

Sue

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 16 Feb 2008 16:49

Many thanks Sue for that bit of info.

The county was Lancashire and live in Essex, so I will have to see if I can get the Liverpool library address and see if they can do a search for me.

Kathlyn

Sue in Sunny Worthing

Sue in Sunny Worthing Report 16 Feb 2008 17:13

Kathlyn - I didn't live near to the library I wanted either but I wrote to them giving all the info dates etc, enclosed an SAE & asked them to let me know how much the cost was.

I received a print out of the article (which gave his wife, brother & children's names plus addresses) and it was only abour 50p to pay!!

Good luck, Sue