Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WILL IT BE IMPOSSIBLE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Megs Dicky Island

Megs Dicky Island Report 18 Feb 2008 13:30

Tryin to find a father of John Harper (1810) Lelley, Yorkshire, have all census details for John, on 1841 was living in Cleethorpes and lived there til he died. I have found marriage records for John Harper 21/5/1868 to Rebeca Burrill, Clee Old. John's fathers details are give as William Harper, shoemaker.

Any help would be gratefully received

Jen from Grimsby

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Feb 2008 14:03

The nearest I can find to Lelley on the IGI is this baptism at Walkington. However this is at the other side of Hull:-

JOHN HARPER
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 19 AUG 1810 Walkington, Yorkshire, England

Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: WILLIAM HARPER
Mother: MARY

Kath. x

Megs Dicky Island

Megs Dicky Island Report 18 Feb 2008 14:16

Thanks Kath

I'll add it my list of possible's

Jen.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 18 Feb 2008 19:11

Is there such a place as Lelly, Yorkshire?

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 18 Feb 2008 19:20

On the 61 census his birthplace is transcribed as Lelant, Yorkshire although the original is very difficult to read. Incidentally, he's a widower with a 19 yr old son and Rebecca Burrill is his servant.
Also John F. Burrill 9, from the 61 census became Frederick Harper 18 in 1871 and Alfred Burrill 6 became Alfred Harper 16.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 18 Feb 2008 19:37

Sorry, Jen, just re-read your request. You had all of the census details.. I can't find his birth, checked the BVRI discs, not there.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Feb 2008 22:02

I think the place name is spelt Lelley and not Lelly. It's in East Yorkshire.

Kath. x