Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how do i contact someone on ancestry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 18 Feb 2008 21:14

hi, i've found a tree that matches mine on ancestry and i really want to contact this person but can't see how to, theres no contact button. please can someone help. many thanx.

rachel

Kate

Kate Report 18 Feb 2008 21:25

Have you tried leaving a comment? I've done that before. If you click on the relative you're interested in, it should give you the option to leave a comment somewhere.

Alison

Alison Report 18 Feb 2008 21:39

Click on the name of the tree, then click on the owner's name at the top, and on the righthand side you'll get the option to contact that person. If it's a personal tree you'll be directed straight to a link to email them. Good luck!

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 18 Feb 2008 21:55

Do you mean you havent got a sub to ancestry or they have a padlock on their contact addy?

Rachel

Rachel Report 19 Feb 2008 18:14

hi, thanx guys for your replies. i do have a full sub at ancestry and i had clicked on his name but there was no-where to contact him, perhaps i will leave a comment and see what happens. thanx everyone.

rachel