Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gurr family, South Shields

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:{{{0())~}        Ian         مْر

:{{{0())~} Ian مْر Report 19 Feb 2008 00:11

I have an album with about a hundred phots of, I believe, the Gurr family from South Shields, between about 1905 and 1930. I've tried to trace relatives before on here, but it was a few years ago. Hoping it might ring a bell now so that I can return the photos to where they belong.

Heres an example - a priceless find for someone....

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/northeast123/?action=view¤t=unknown931.jpg

Most of the other pics on there are from the same album. So anyone recognising the name, please get in touch and I will gladly pass on the entire album.

Ian

:{{{0())~}        Ian         مْر

:{{{0())~} Ian مْر Report 19 Feb 2008 11:46

Thanks Jen

I have quite a bit of info that I've gleaned from the pics, so if she wants to get in touch by all means tell her to do so. I can PM you my personal email if required.

Ian

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 19 Feb 2008 18:32

Hi, Thanks Jen, Yes I am researching the GURR family but mine are mostly from Kent but there is another lot from Sussex. Dont know anything about any from Southshields but mine do have a connection to Macclesfield. I will look at the photobucket and see what you have.
GLoria

Simon

Simon Report 4 Oct 2011 00:06

Hi Ian

I'm from South Shields and the family on my Mothers side are Gurrs, I'd love to see those photo's please.

Thanks

Simon

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Oct 2011 00:21

Simon,

This thread is 3 and a half years old so Ian probably won't see your post. Click on his name and send a private message. If he still has the same email address he will be notified that he has a message from you.

Kath. x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 4 Oct 2011 13:35

Hello Simon and welcome to the boards.

It may be worth while putting the names you are researching into the Search Trees box above (in the dark green bar), to see if anyone else on this site has them in their tree.

If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner. Cx.