Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed about Hertfordshire Census.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 19 Feb 2008 21:17

I have been looking for a James Benjamin Harding on the census. On later census he is married to Eleanor & he says he comes from Colney Heath, Herts. I have found a James B. Harding on 51/61 census, born North Mimms. The ages fit, he was born in 1847.
What I would like to know, is Colney Heath & North Mimms the same or different.
Thanks, Hilary.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 19 Feb 2008 21:22

1871 there is James B Harding "Railway guard" born North Mimms living Peterborough
1881 James B Harding "Railway Gatesman " born Colney Heath living Peterborough

I would say that this is the same man but get his second marriage cert to see if it says widower

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 19 Feb 2008 21:24

North Mimms is not on my map but South Mimms is.
I assume that North Mimms is North of South Mimms
Colney Heath is also just north of South Mimms (It all around J23 of the M25

Hilary

Hilary Report 19 Feb 2008 21:33

Hi Claire, yes the 1 in Peterborough is the man I am looking for. I have traced him back from his daughter. Looks like it is the same man as they are both railway men. Just wanted someone elses view.
thanks Hilary.