Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

your thoughts please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 20 Feb 2008 17:46

hi all

my grandma recently told me that her uncle and his wife adopted a son and named him George. she says the child was abt 10 yrs older than her making him born in about 1918. i have found a record for a George Rogers born 1919 in Horsham which is roughly the area they lived.

could the child have been registered under their name (Rogers) straight away or would he have had a completely different name at birth? sorry i don't know much about adoption processes etc. how would i go about finding his birth?

Thanks. lee.x

Gail

Gail Report 20 Feb 2008 18:09

one of my auntie ,s had a son who was adopted
he was under my aunties maiden name

so it could be possable

best of luck
gail

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 20 Feb 2008 18:13

ok thanks gail. i might order the cert just to see.

seems too big of a coincidence to not be him. although his adoptive father would have been very young.

thanks for your reply.