Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry website

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maxichall

maxichall Report 20 Feb 2008 19:18

Is anybody else having any problems with ancestry website, I am finding it very slow, and it keeps crashing, I have a 30 day free period but am seriously considering not subscribing as last night it took me 3 hours to find one piece of information.
Regards
max

K

K Report 20 Feb 2008 19:44

I have had no problems - are you on broadband?

Amanda S

Amanda S Report 20 Feb 2008 19:50

Yes, it has been unusually slow over the past couple of days.

Amanda

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 20 Feb 2008 19:52

It frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroze earlier on !!!!!!!!!!

tinaj

tinaj Report 20 Feb 2008 19:58

Me too! It seems fine during the day, but really slow some evenings when everyone gets back from work.

maxichall

maxichall Report 20 Feb 2008 20:01

Yeah I'm on broadband and spent 3 hours last night cleaning/tuning my computer up, every other website is fine and now very quick but went on ancestry again this morning at 6am and tonight and still very slow and keeps freezing - it's so frustrating!!!!!!!!

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 20 Feb 2008 20:04

It has been slow all day and last night was a bit hard going as well.

I have broadband, but it doesn't seem to help.

xx

Merlin38

Merlin38 Report 20 Feb 2008 21:10

I'm on broadband, and some days Ancestry is about as nippy as a geriatric sloth ploughing through treacle. Have been timed out countless times as a page has failed to load.

The Genealogist is much much faster, and in a lot of cases, easier to locate records. They do not have though, census records for 1881, or for 1901, apart from some in the London area.

David

Heather

Heather Report 20 Feb 2008 21:33

Its been awful last few days - it starts loading then just stops. Has it got medals cards aswell now?

maxichall

maxichall Report 20 Feb 2008 21:45

Funny enough I have just tried again during waiting for your replies and have whizzed through loads of records, can't believe after approximately 1 week of trying to search I have found loads of info, just wish I hadn't spent most of my time last night trying to search, good luck to everyone else!!!!!!!

Heather

Heather Report 20 Feb 2008 22:18

Its usually like that Maxine, but when they put new stuff on it overloads with people accessing it. When things calm down it will be fine again.

snowytiger1

snowytiger1 Report 21 Feb 2008 00:53

iwas ok when i was on there last

Heather

Heather Report 21 Feb 2008 10:32

Still not loading for me today, Ive just sent them a mail to cancel my sub when it runs out next month - Ive been disappointed with their service in the last 6 months - Ive been a member for 4 years but the amount of downtime this year has been awful.

maxichall

maxichall Report 21 Feb 2008 16:17

I am again having problems right now the home page is still loading and has been for approximately 15 minutes I would not like to pay £120+ a year to try and access a site that is very slow all the time especially when you have limited time to use it, defo will not be subscribing after my free trial.

Merlin38

Merlin38 Report 21 Feb 2008 21:25

Tried about 9.30 this morning. Couldn't even get the log in page to load.

Heather

Heather Report 21 Feb 2008 22:15

I do hope everyone is emailing them with a complaint and asking for extra days on the end of their sub for all the downtime we have had lately.

maxichall

maxichall Report 21 Feb 2008 22:52

Definately would email a complaint to them if only I could get on the website, but still no luck 6 hours later