Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry ww1 medal cards lookup.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 20 Feb 2008 20:09

I see in the paper today ancestry have medal cards on line now.
Can some kind sole please look up for me a .H R Browning [henry robert] and Isaac Hammersley . Many thanks Paul.

tinaj

tinaj Report 20 Feb 2008 20:26

Name: H E R Browning
Regiment or Corps: Army Service Corps
Regimental Number: S4/145353

Name: I Hammersley
[Isaac Hammersley]
Regiment or Corps: Royal Field Artillery, Royal Field Artillery, Royal Field Artillery
Regimental Number: 888,785102,724983

Hope this is what you were looking for

Paul

Paul Report 20 Feb 2008 20:30

Thanks Cristine but i forgot to say Henry was in the rifle brigade.

tinaj

tinaj Report 20 Feb 2008 21:31

Sorry Paul

C H Browning Yeomanry 115007

H C Browning Bedfordshire Regt

H C Browning Bedfordshire Regiment

H E R Browning Army Service Corps S4/145353

These are the only other H Brownings - none from the Rifle Brigade.

Heather

Heather Report 20 Feb 2008 21:31

Paul, do you mean the Pensions Records? Medal cards are on National Archives.

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 20 Feb 2008 21:39

Heather Ancestry have started to put medal cards on the site today, including the reverse of the card, which wasn't on Documentsonline.

Heather

Heather Report 20 Feb 2008 22:16

Oh wow, may be thats why Ive had trouble logging in to ancestry for the last few days - just getting the top half of the page and then it stops loading :(

tinaj

tinaj Report 20 Feb 2008 22:38

Thank you Sick Parrot - I thought I was going mad. Was pointed to TNA MICs this afternoon and found my Blohm brothers there. Looked at Ancestry and they had nearly all gone! Wondering whether to pay for TNA docs - do Ancestry rollouts take a long time?

tinaj

tinaj Report 20 Feb 2008 23:24

Many thanks for the advice Sick Parrot. I must hunt around for a college that does a course in Pushing Water Uphill - it seems to be a prerequisite for this geneology lark! Its soooo addictive though:0)