Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

theGenealogist.co.uk or Ancestry.co.uk?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 20 Feb 2008 22:42

Which site would people recommend please for general use? I've been with Ancestry before but wondered if theGenealogist was any better? Thanks.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Feb 2008 22:49

Why not check out their website and compare what they offer with Ancestry's info.............

Reg

snowytiger1

snowytiger1 Report 21 Feb 2008 00:52

ive joined them both and i use them alot cant say which i prefer the best i thin k they about the same for different reasons
sue

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 21 Feb 2008 08:43

Because ancestry is used to search for census details, they have 1841 through to 1901 then bmd 1837 to 1983 It is not advisable to join ancestry until you have a lot of names to check, don't waste the 2 weeks freebie. Having said that there is tons of info on there and it is particularly useful if your ancestors went to America. Make sure you exhaust all the free information on all sites before paying out.
Have you found all your ancestors who were living in 1881 on familysearch.org ?
That is also the best site for IGI results.
good hunting
Dave