Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding People to GR Tree - Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah Lee

Sarah Lee Report 21 Feb 2008 21:12

GR will not let me add people to my GR Tree. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have an existing person on my GR tree and I am trying to add a mother for them. I click on ADD MOTHER and then type in all the details. Then I click SAVE. It takes ages and then I get a message saying "Sorry, there was a problem connecting to Genes Reunited site" and nothing has saved.

I have been trying for a few days and always get the same message. What am I doing wrong? I need to update my tree because I have found some new family members who are interested in that branch of the family. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sarah

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 21 Feb 2008 21:32

Have you sent a message to GR about this problem.

Go to bottom of page,**contact us**

And fill the meesage in telling them all the trouble you are having.

Hope this helps

Sue

Lynne

Lynne Report 21 Feb 2008 22:42

Hi, i have been having this problem for a week, thought it might be a temporary glitch but it seems not.
Lynne

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 21 Feb 2008 23:28

Personally I wouldnt bother trying to enter individual names on a tree on this site - far too long winded and bothersome. Get yourself a tree program, they are free or can be bought, and build your tree on that - then upload a gedcom to this site.

Sarah Lee

Sarah Lee Report 22 Feb 2008 02:02

Thanks Lynne - pleased it's not only me!

I will take your advice, Sue, and send a message to GR

Thanks for your advice too Susan. I do have my whole tree on a tree program, but only want to add a few people to my GR tree. My husband would be able to transfer them for me, but he is away for a few days - I probably need to get my "a into g" and learn how to transfer it myself!

Sarah