Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Address Search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 21 Feb 2008 21:15

Is it possible to do an address search? If so could some kind person post directions on "How To" please.
Thanks in anticipation.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 21 Feb 2008 21:56

i can do an address search for the census records in england and wales for 1891 and backwards

Linda

Linda Report 21 Feb 2008 22:27

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Thank you Stephanie, I would be very grateful if you could look up the address 9 Hayles Street, Southwark please. I am looking for Parsons and maybe Sargent in 1859/50/61 time please.
Linda

RobG

RobG Report 21 Feb 2008 23:00

Linda,

1861 Census:

PARSONS, Martha Head Widow F 61 Laundress Kennington Sry
DICKSON, Elizabeth A Daughter Married F 20 Laundress Lambeth Sry
DICKSON, William Son In Law Married M 20 Brass Finisher Christchurch Sry
DICKSON, Ann E Granddaughter F 8 St Georges Sry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WALLWORTH, Aaron Lodger Married M 39 Cabinet Maker Chesh.
WALLWORTH, Alice Wife Married F 40 Labourer Wigan Lancs

(NB. Dickson may be Dickinson or something similar - isn't too clear)

Hope that helps

RobG

Linda

Linda Report 21 Feb 2008 23:17

Thanks for your trouble Rob, unfortunately, that has confused the issue even more!!!! lol (Isn't this fun, huh!!!)
Linda

RobG

RobG Report 21 Feb 2008 23:19

Linda,

Forgot to add, not sure about Martha's age (unclear too). It could be 41. This would tie in with the 1851 census whenthey had been living in Gibraltar Row (Martha - 31- and dtr Elizabeth - 10) along with Martha's husband John - 23 b.Ireland and younger daughter - 6 b.Lambeth

Rob

Linda

Linda Report 21 Feb 2008 23:32

Rob,
Age 42 would fit better but I'm confused because I have today received the death cert. for John Parsons who died 17.08.1859 at 9 Hayles St. The informant who was present at the death was named as Martha Sargent??
Linda

Linda

Linda Report 21 Feb 2008 23:39

Rob,
Thanks for your help, that last post tells me I have the wrong death cert., my John Parsons was born in Lambeth not Ireland.
I'll start again.
Linda

RobG

RobG Report 21 Feb 2008 23:53

Linda,

Not sure if this might help - the 1861 census shows Hayles Street as being in St Georges Southwark Registration District.
There is a death for a John Barrow Parsons in StG.Sthwrk in Sept Qtr 1851 (so after the 1851 census).
Also a John Parsons (St.G Sthwrk) Sept Qtr 1859.
Maybe these are more likely than the 5 or 6 John Parson's deaths in Lambeth between the 1851 and 1861 censuses ).

Rob

Linda

Linda Report 22 Feb 2008 00:26

Rob,
Unfortunately, they can't be my John Parsons, his wife had a child in November 1860 so he had to still be alive at least until February 1860. I have the daughters birth cert.so know that is correct. I've now ordered all the probable death certs. I've been able to find so not quite sure where to go now.
Thanks again.
Linda