Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BOOKS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 22 Feb 2008 17:20

FOR A LONG TIME NOW I HAVE BEEN FINDING OLD BOOKS AND IF POSSS
RETURNING THEM TO FAMLIY,
GUESS MAYBE I BEEN DOING WRONG,I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR A PENNY..

JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TREASURED BY FAMIKLY,,,LOL AM I WRONG

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 22 Feb 2008 17:27

you do a great thing there for people dont worry xx

i would love if i could be reunited with anything like that from my family

dont ever give up xx

Newby Kim

Newby Kim Report 22 Feb 2008 17:53

Diz , you carry on doing it and Thanks for your help in the past ...xxx Kim

Heather

Heather Report 22 Feb 2008 18:30

Diz, PLEASE find old books connected to mine :)

If this is to do with the recent thread - I guess its a sign of the times that people do not expect someone to do something out of a good heart and are suspicious. However, having said that dozens of people on here do just that when they look up for people.

You carry on doing a good job and oh, if you could find a bible or something for my lot, Id be over the moon!

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 22 Feb 2008 18:43

I think that's lovely of you. Please carry on.

If we all look out for old books and do the same wouldn't it be great?

Penny

Penny Report 22 Feb 2008 21:31

the only reason I said I was ''out of here'' was that Dizzy had given one lot of info , and then seemingly changed it! I had put time and effort into looking up potential births- only to find i'd been looking up the wrong name.

Newby Kim

Newby Kim Report 22 Feb 2008 22:47

Diz is very knowledgeable on tracing family history , she is well known and liked on GR chat and Gen .Clarification is a wonderful thing , but not always forthcoming immediately .. she had also put time and effort into trying to trace familys to whom this refered to .There is always the opportunity in cases like this to ask further questions but having the patience to await a reply is not a hardship .
This is the advice I have seen given again and again on tips to other posters who get impatient ..
Kim

Sara with no aitch

Sara with no aitch Report 22 Feb 2008 23:01

Diz,

Where do u look for such books? I would love to have anything to do with my family in my possession. I treasure all the photos I have but would love to have a family bible or something similar.
Sara

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 22 Feb 2008 23:27

I AM SORRY

I DONT USUALLY HAVE TO LOOK FAR
AND I WAS DOING LOOK UPS HERE FIVE YEARS AGO,,,,,
I AM ALSO AN ADMINISTRATOR ON A GENEALOGIST SITE,,,,,,

ALSO I APOLOGISE FOR MY DISABILITY
I HAVE PD AT THE MOMENT CAUSING PROBLEMS

AS FOR HOW I FIND BOOKS
ON MY HANDS AN KNEES
CHARITY SHOPS ,,CARBOOTS
AND A FEW YEARS AGO I REUNITED
A BOOK TO THE COST TO ME £3;50
BOOK WORTH EXCESS OF £50

I GUESS I MAY THINK AGAIN BEFORE POSTING

THANKS KIM,,,,,,,HEAR TOMORROW
SORRY CANT TALK ANYMORE

Penny

Penny Report 22 Feb 2008 23:30

you are being silly Dizzy

no one doubts your intentions - if i did i wouldn'thave wasted time lookng for the blinking bloke, would i?

I JUST WISH YOU'D MADE YOUR REQUEST A BIT CLEARER - HIS NAME WAS FAIRLY FUNDAMENTAL - WHO WAS TO KNOW WHICH NAME WAS RIGHT?

Newby Kim

Newby Kim Report 22 Feb 2008 23:36

Minnie, thanks for looking,lesson learned at an early stage of this hobby ....
impatience isn,t a virtue ... when it comes to genealogy ...
Kim

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 22 Feb 2008 23:51

I HAD VERY LIMITED INFO

SORRY TAKES LONG TIME TO TYPE TONIGHT

I HAVE LOTS OF BOOKS
BT MOSTLEY OLD LOCAL HISTORY
ANOTHER 2 TODAY,AND THE SITE I AM ADMIN FOR HAS JUST PRINTED A 1822 DIARY I MANAGED TO GET PERMISSION FOR,

IM SORRY,,
THANKS EVERYONE,,TIRED,NITE NITEXXXX

Newby Kim

Newby Kim Report 22 Feb 2008 23:59

for anyone who may be interesteed the diary Diz is refering to is written by a stone mason who lived in North Piddle .The original is held in the Almonary Museum Evesham Worcestershire . He names lot,s of local families and places including Honeybourne , Pershore , Worcester, Crowle and White Ladies Aston, later Bishops Cleeve.He also gives an indepth view of life at that time in the Vale of Evesham and it,s surrounding areas ...
Kim

GypsyJoe

GypsyJoe Report 23 Feb 2008 11:33

I'm guessing this also relates to another thread that I don't know. What I do know is that if I came across books that were related to another family I too would endeavor to see that they were returned to the family if they wanted them. Would hope too that someone would track me down for the same.

Gypsy joe

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 23 Feb 2008 11:38

i have done inexcess 100

over a couple of years,,only one person knew

because i never put return address
an if asked put a pound in the first charity box