Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Welford Road Leicester Query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 22 Feb 2008 18:29

Hi,

Some very kind people on here have done some look ups for me on people who were buried at Welford Road cemetery.

Now I have the plot details, I was thinking of going to see if I could find some of their graves. Obviously it's a very big cemetery and I have little hope of just coming accross the graves.

Does anybody know if there is maybe a map of the various plots online somewhere or if there would be somebody to help me there?

Thanks for your help,

Vicky X

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 22 Feb 2008 18:42

If you contact the council burials they will give you a map and directions to the graves you are lookin for if you give them names, dates etc.

Suzanne

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 22 Feb 2008 19:47

Hi Vicky

If you google Welford road you will find the info you need and there is a plan of the cemetery.
Elaine

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 22 Feb 2008 19:49

Thanks Suzanne and Elaine,

I'll have a look,

Vicky X

Kate

Kate Report 22 Feb 2008 20:13

I know there is a kind of map at the entrance to the cemetery which tells you the codes for each section - I think they are lettered AA,AB etc.

I think there is also a phone number you can ring as I'm sure the office there at the cemetery entrance is staffed on certain days/times each week.