Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

after 6 years

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 24 Feb 2008 09:50

Morning All after 6years if trying to find my ggrand/fathers death I have now given up. I phoned lots of cemeteries bought wrong certificates and having it down to a 2 year gap when he died I thought I would have found it by now William Poole lived in Edmonton middleses had his last child in January 1889 and by the 1891 census wife was a widow, she remarried in 1893. on both daughters marriage certificates he is down as deceased.
Margaret

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 24 Feb 2008 10:16

Hi Lynne thank you yes I have that certificate not the right one I have checked with the local office it just can' be found.

Margaret

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 24 Feb 2008 10:27

What age would he be? Did he have a middle name?

Deaths Dec 1889
Poole William 25 W. Ham 4a 87

Not sure what month the 1891 census was taken. If he died in April it could still be registered under June.

Deaths Jun 1891
Poole William James 43 W. Ham 4a 135

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 24 Feb 2008 10:32

Hi I am not sure what age he was as there is conflicting evidence on age , but would imagine in his late 50's he did not have a middle name. this there anyway I could ask the GRO for a search if those 2 years. thanks

Margaret

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Feb 2008 10:42

Margaret,

GRO will do up to 3 years search,,,just quote his wifes name to be checked against,,,,

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 24 Feb 2008 10:42

It is possible he died in hospital in an adjacent district, so you need to widen you search.

Have you looked for him in 1891 and 1901 census, just because his wife claimed to be a widow in 1891, does not mean that was the case. Divorce was beyond the reach many people and they simply separated and remarried without such a formality.

Jennifer

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 24 Feb 2008 10:57

Hi Jennifer yes I have looked for him in the 1901 census his brother was a witness at the remarriage would he have been a witness if did not beleive his brother had died. If in fact he was not dead I would not have a clue as to where to search for him thankyou
Margaret