Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR Subs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Euphemia

Euphemia Report 25 Feb 2008 10:26

Morning all, my subcription is due for renewal has there been any changes made thanks Fay

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 25 Feb 2008 10:41

Gr no longer accept Maestro cards

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 25 Feb 2008 10:49

Really? They've lost me come renewal then. It's all I have.

Sam

Sam Report 25 Feb 2008 11:06

They are losing me tomorrow as well - I'm not paying £9.95 for six months plus I only have maestro too.

Sam x

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 25 Feb 2008 11:07

I sent a cheque which they processed extremely quicker than they deal with queries...strange that

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 25 Feb 2008 11:46

It's looking likely that I will not renew when my subs are due. Ancestry have also stopped accepting Maestro & there seems little point in subscribing to GR if I have no way of doing any further research.

LindaRSJ

LindaRSJ Report 25 Feb 2008 11:51

Euphemia
If you click on 'renew now' you will see a message on the right of page which says that you can use switch/maestro through PayPal.

Linda

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 25 Feb 2008 12:18

Funny how GR will take PayPal (for which they will have to pay a fee) but not Maestro.

Do they want my business or not??

Euphemia

Euphemia Report 25 Feb 2008 12:42

Thanks for all your replys, I thought they maybe doing away with them altogether seems not will have to have a think about it. thanks again Fay

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 25 Feb 2008 14:21

More and more companies are unable to accept Maestro Cards for automated standing order type payments.

I understand that this is because Maestro now insist on prior electronic authorisation for each and every payment otherwise they reject it, whereas other mainstream card companies don't and only reject if the card is blocked or over it's limit.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 25 Feb 2008 15:21

The GRO (via PayPal) would not accept payment by Maestro last Friday for a certificate either.
Bet

Potty

Potty Report 25 Feb 2008 15:24

That's a shame, Sam. Your help will be missed.

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 25 Feb 2008 15:29

If the GRO won't take Maestro now either, it more or less puts paid to my family research...

Might have to phone my bank and see what they have to say on the matter.

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 25 Feb 2008 15:31

Just looked and the Maestro sign still shows on the GRO site. Maybe it was just a glitch.

Alan

Alan Report 25 Feb 2008 15:46

I ordered five certificates from the GRO yesterday and paid by Maestro

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Feb 2008 16:25

GR are not fussy whose card you use. I only have a Maestro card so my son let me use his credit card to renew my subscription and they were happy to accept this. I don't know how they knew that I hadn't stolen it???

Kath. x

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 25 Feb 2008 22:01

Hi All
My subs are due tomorrow, i am on continouse membership and also use a Maestro card, Just received email of GR with a my payment receipt.
Tracy