Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Cartwtight

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 25 Feb 2008 11:40

Hi everyone
trying to locate the parents of Thomas Cartwright On the Igi theres a christening for Thomas 11 jan 1804 in Misson parents John and Sarah. There are alot of Cartwrights in Misson and its been difficult tring to find where this Thomas fitted in. Thomas married Hannah Redfern on the 4 th dec 1826 in Chesterfield Derbyshire any help would be gratefully appriacated

Thank Karen

Sam

Sam Report 25 Feb 2008 12:03

I'm a bit confused - so the Thomas Cartwright on the IGI isn't yours? When was your Thomas born and where is Misson?

Sam x

Karen

Karen Report 25 Feb 2008 23:23

hi sam

sorrynot answered earlier got called into work. Misson is in Nottinghamshire. The Thomas I mentioned on the Igi 11 jan 1804 parents John and Sarah is mine. On the igi there are alot of Cartwrights born in Misson who tie up to a William cartwright amd Mary born in the 1700. Where I think my thomas fits in there is john Cartwright born 1763 in Mission he was the son of John and mary amcotts. John was married to Eleanor shaw , Eleanor died 1799 9years after they married so there is a possibility that this john remarried I found a marriage between a John and a Sarah firth 21 feb 1803 but I haven't been able to comfirm this

Karen

Sam

Sam Report 25 Feb 2008 23:38

I'm still confused. You initial post says that you are trying to find the parents of Thomas Cartwright and there is one on the IGI born 1804. You then go on to say that yes, that one is your Thomas, in which case you know his parents names - John and Sarah.

Are you trying to see if the John Cartwright that married Sarah Firth had been married before? If so, you will need to check the actual parish records for the marriage to see if he has been recorded as a widower.

Apologies of I have got the wrong end of the stick completely!

Sam x

Karen

Karen Report 26 Feb 2008 00:22

Hi Sam

what I am trying to find is if the John married to eleanor shaw is the same John that married Sarah firth. I think you are probably right and I need to have alook through the Misson parish records sorry to be so confusing. thanks for repling to my post

Karen