Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reading Microfiche

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 25 Feb 2008 22:34

Wondered if anyone can help with what some of the information means on microfiche records. I have Warwickshire Parish records on microfiche and have got a bit confused with some of the columns. here is an example.
Event
Name Father/Mother Date
Aaron Daniel/Elizabeth M C 31Dec1789

Town/ Parish
Birmingham Saint Phillips

All that bit I understand then there are 3 columns I don't they are

B E S
11Jan1975LA 13Mar1975LA 2Apr1975LA

Does anyone know what these 3 columns are? after this there is the source Batch Film and Serial Sheet.

I must warn people who try to help I may not get back to you straight away as I am carer to my husband who has just come out of hospital but I will answer you.

Christine

Kay????

Kay???? Report 25 Feb 2008 22:43

That will be some information of the transcribers Mormons ,,,,,,,,,just a guess,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe when they date when thet got then date they were written up and date when they were Microfilmed all appears to be in 1975,,,,,,,,,,

Christine

Christine Report 25 Feb 2008 22:49

Thank you knew there would be a logical explaination

Christine