Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Northampton or possible Leicester look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 26 Feb 2008 19:31

Hi,

I have this family in 1841:

1841 England Census
about Joseph Wells
Name: Joseph Wells
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1812
Where born: Leicestershire, England

Civil Parish: Husbands Bosworth
Hundred: Gartree
County/Island: Leicestershire

Street address:

Registration district: Market Harborough
Sub-registration district: Harborough
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
George Smaller 14
Ann Wells 6
Ester Wells 2
John Wells 8
Joseph Wells 29
Mary Wells 36
Rebecca Wells 1 Mo
William Wells 9

Joseph Wells (born abt 1811, Husbands Bosworth) married Mary Smalley (born abt 1805, Farndon, Northampton) on 01.08.1830 in Farndon, Northampton according to a submitted record on familysearch.

On the 1841 census, there is a George Smalley staying with the Wells family who I am assumming is Mary's child as I can not find him for certain after 1841 so don't even know if he was born in Northampton or Leicester.

There is one George Smalley born in 1829 in Oadby whose mother was Mary Smalley, but she remarried to a Jonathan Goddard in 1839 after his father Thomas died.

Does anybody have access to Northamptonshire parish records? I'd like to know whether Mary was a widow or single when she married Joseph Wells in 1830.

Thanks for your help,

Vicky X

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 26 Feb 2008 19:32

try here

http://northants-fhs.org/about_county.html

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 26 Feb 2008 19:47

Thanks Stephanie,

Will have a look now.

Vicky X