Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help and Advice re great grandmother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 26 Feb 2008 21:55

Can anybody give advice or assist in helping to trace what happened to my great grandmother (or point me in the direction of where to go)

All I know is that her name was Sarah Rodgers D.O.B 14/05/1890. In 1901 and later in 1911 was still living at 43 Mountpelier Rd, Beeston, Nottongham. Her father was called Harry Rodgers.

On 15/04/1911 she married someone called Ernest Edward Nicholls who was 27 at the time and they married in Nottingham

Thats all I can find. . .Can anybody help

thanks

Andy
Edit | Delete | Add

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Feb 2008 21:57

Is this also on another board? Just checking.............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Feb 2008 21:59

If she's your great-grandmother, you MUST know about at least ONE child...........

Who was he/she? Where was he/she born? And when?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 26 Feb 2008 21:59

Have you looked for birth records of children. If she married in 1911 all of the children would be under Nicholls with mother's maiden name of Rodgers. If she stayed in Nottingham after her marriage that would give you some idea of how many children, and how long she was there for. Getting the birth cert of the youngest child would give you an address at that time which would take you forward a bit more.

Jill

Andrew

Andrew Report 26 Feb 2008 22:15

thanks all

I know that she had my grandmother . .Louisa may Rodgers 07/05/08. . . but she was apparently given away very young and knew nothing of her parents herself....

I will check the birth records of children to see if this throws anything up

thanks all

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 26 Feb 2008 22:21

Jill
re for searching children under parents surname. . which is best way. Can I do it on this site another (prob silly question, but new to this)

thanks

Andy

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 26 Feb 2008 22:24

Try the freeBMD's

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Andrew

Andrew Report 26 Feb 2008 22:25

thanks claire

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 Feb 2008 22:26

Go to FreeBMD http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl and select births. Put in both surnames. There are 4 births but not in Nottingham.

Rose

Andrew

Andrew Report 26 Feb 2008 22:28

thankyou Rose

Andy