Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I contact Genes Reunited?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerry

Gerry Report 28 Feb 2008 10:38

Does anyone know how I can contact Genes Reunited? Preferably by phone as I have tried using the form on the site but it only ever gives me the option to preview the message, and never to send it.

I need to find out about renewing my membership which I have always had on continuous. It runs out on 2nd March but as far as I know I have a different card for my payment now (not 100% sure which card I paid on). I need to find out the last four digits of the card number so I can check but unless I can get through to them, I have no way of knowing.

Does anyone have a phone number for them? I can't see anything on the site and don't want to be done like I was before when my charge went up from £7 to £9.95 even though I have been a member since 2004.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gerry

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 28 Feb 2008 10:44

Hi Gerry

Can only help you with email, go to

contact us at the bottom of the page

scroll down to feedback

click on the message under feedback which will highlight when you move the cursor over

you will then have box to type your message in and get a response from them.

It has taken a while for them to respond in the past which means I have sent more than one email stating I have not had a reply.

Elaine

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 28 Feb 2008 10:46

PS There is a facility for leaving your phone number via the email as above too

Elaine

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 28 Feb 2008 10:59

As far as I am aware you have to preview the message after you have written it and then the option comes up to send.

Christine

Julie

Julie Report 28 Feb 2008 11:02

Gerry

I was in the same boat as you..when i renewed last year i was on continuous was charged £9.95 and have been a member since 2003......why did mine go up cos there was nowhere to changed my card details prior the renewal showing up.......You should by now have a thing saying Renewal, is there nowhere on there that you can renew your card details

Gerry

Gerry Report 28 Feb 2008 11:18

I done all that, went to the page to email them via their on line form and it only allowed me to preview the message, there was no 'submit' button.

I also don't want to pay twice if I pay on a new card, then it also gets taken from my old card too. I have a feeling I'm going to be done over and get reduced to a 6 month membership :o(

Julie

Julie Report 28 Feb 2008 11:22

I think there is a time limit to pay before you go to 6 months, im sure its 4 weeks...i would press for them to take the money now and see if its taken out your account

Gerry

Gerry Report 28 Feb 2008 11:48

Thanks everyone, I think it's gone through now. Initially it was continually only bringing up the preview button with no option to submit. Closed it all down and started again and it seems to have worked this time.

Lets hope they get their finger out on a reply.

Gerry