Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Direction needed please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Feb 2008 10:52

My husbands grandmother Florence Radbourne was born in Islington in 1905 - mother Sarah Jane Radbourne, no father named on cert. Sarah was living at 129 St johns Road Islington and her occupation was given as general domestic servant at 67 Selby Road Islington. Florence was raised in Watlington Norfolk and always said she new nothing of her family, is there any way I could find out any information on her mother or how she came to be in Norfolk as I have no idea where to start.

Thanks
Jak

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Feb 2008 10:59

????1901?????

Name: Sarah J Radbourn
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1865
Relation: Servant
Where born: Leckhampstead, Berkshire, England

Civil Parish: Clerkenwell
Ecclesiastical parish: St Mark
County/Island: London

Registration district: Holborn
Sub-registration district: Amwell
ED, institution, or vessel: 11
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 183
Household Members: Name Age
Alfred J Ivory 31
Charles Ivory 80
Tryphena Ivory 76
Tryphena Ivory 40
Sarah J Radbourn 36 General Servant - Domestic

Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Feb 2008 11:00

I think you may have to wait for 1911 census to find about who the daughter was placed with............

Reg

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Feb 2008 11:20

Thanks Reg

I have looked at this but was unsure how I could prove the link as there is no age or place of birth on the cert and don't want to assume and go off in the wrong direction if I can help it as I've already done that once. Mother in law said her mothers name was Rathbone born in london and I found Florence Rathbone born April 1905 and traced her back a few generations before finding out I was on the wrong track!

Jak