Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Matching spouse to record no.?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 29 Feb 2008 16:15

Can someone advise me please.

Have found Margaret Surtees marriage entry.
3 qtr. 1884 p.849 South Shields

Have trawled through possible names for her husband without success during same qtr.

Is there somewhere where I can just put in the year and qtr and page no. and see what comes up? (Like her husband!) or is this just wishful thinking?

Just thought I´d ask this before I send off for cert. Thanks

Thelma

Thelma Report 29 Feb 2008 16:19

Eleanor Galt 1884 Jul-Aug-Sep South Shields Durham, Tyne and Wear
View Record

Walter Lewis 1884 Jul-Aug-Sep South Shields Durham, Tyne and Wear

Thomas Robinson 1884 Jul-Aug-Sep South Shields Durham, Tyne and Wear
View Record

Margaret Surtees 1884 Jul-Aug-Sep South Shields Durham, Tyne and Wear
View Record

Thomas Surtees 1884 Jul-Aug-Sep South Shields Durham, Tyne

Thelma

Thelma Report 29 Feb 2008 16:24

1891???
Margaret Lewis Walter abt 1860 South Shields, Durham, England Wife Westoe, Durham

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 29 Feb 2008 16:33

Hi Jim, thanks for replying.
I see that the first name is on the same page as my Mgt. Surtees. What I need to know is how did you bring up the names with just the page no. yr & qtr?
If I could do that myself then I could read through every entry on that page to find the husband.

Sam

Sam Report 29 Feb 2008 16:36

If you are using FreeBMD, click on the page number and it brings up everyone on that page.

Sam x

Thelma

Thelma Report 29 Feb 2008 16:37

Will not give husband,only a choice
Just click on the page number.

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 29 Feb 2008 16:44

Oh I wasn´t using Free BMD will go and try it now, I couldn´t do it on the non Free one. Thought they´d be the same.

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 29 Feb 2008 17:06

Right I now have 3 possible husband´s for Margaret. And none of them ring a bell. Though one has the same surname as Mgt. Surtees. I suppose I will just have to send for cert. But thanks Jim & Sam for your help.

RobG

RobG Report 29 Feb 2008 22:13

Try looking at the next census for couples whose names fit. It may help to narrow it down.

Rob

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 1 Mar 2008 11:14

Thank you everyone for helping me. I have now found the right Margaret. A million thanks x