Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old photos of YOUR town

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 29 Feb 2008 17:00

Just wanted to share the Francis Frith collection with you. Tap 'Francis Frith' and the village, town, or city you're interested in; and 9 times out of 10 the collection will have something. I've done it for all the areas Im researching. The pictures can be saved to your pc, and I recently put some on a disc and printed them off, they came out brilliantly, as good as any new postcard. I won't be renewing when my membership runs out in a week (although will be continuing with my tree), so would like to say a sad goodbye to my friends and co-workers on here. All the best in your own searches! x

Krystyna♥

Krystyna♥ Report 29 Feb 2008 17:04

Sad to see you go Romany. All the best to you too.

Krystyna x

Newby Kim

Newby Kim Report 29 Feb 2008 17:07

I will miss you Romany . Good luck with your tree ..
Kim xx

Laura

Laura Report 29 Feb 2008 18:30

bye Romany, you've made me chuckle a lot, will miss seeing your posts. Take care,
L xxx

RStar

RStar Report 29 Feb 2008 19:08

Im not going for another week, you lot will have me all emotional in a minute lol. Husband has just pointed out that it might be slightly prohibited to copy the Francis Frith photos and have them printed out. (Not that anyone would know, you just use the digital machine at Tescos!!) Thought I'd better pass that on, as I dont want to be responsible for anyone getting into trouble! Laura, Kim, and Krystyna, I'll miss you :-( xxx

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 1 Mar 2008 07:31

Oh dear Romany,
You often gave me a chuckle, an idea, or a thought about family. I've never had any reason to post to a thread of yours, but I'll miss 'seeing' you. Break out the tissues.
All the best,
B

Angelina

Angelina Report 1 Mar 2008 11:15

Just had a look at this site and found some fantastic photos of Hull with the church that my GGrandparents got married in so I can add that to my files.
Thanks Romany -all the best
Angie xx

Wild Cat

Wild Cat Report 1 Mar 2008 16:50

Hi,just been looking at he site,very informative,good trip down memory lane.Thanks for info. Happy hunting with tree. x

RStar

RStar Report 1 Mar 2008 19:53

Thought thats why I'd put a warning on my above post.