Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 3 Mar 2008 14:33

I've been trying to find a marriage for Howard Cuzick. I've found a marriage on FreeBMD for Dec 1921 spouses name is Williams. Normally you can view others on the page but this time its not working. I've visited Ancestry and found it there but when I search for Williams with the same reference of 6b 1843, I come up with nothing. Any ideas on how I can find out the first name of his wife.

Pam

Potty

Potty Report 3 Mar 2008 14:37

Looks as if 1921 is not yet fully transcribed on freebmd.

Did you look at the complete index on Ancestry, not the partial?

Potty

Potty Report 3 Mar 2008 14:39

Alice M Williams, West Bromwich 6b 1843

Tip

If you can't find it on freebmd you won't find in Ancestry Partial as Ancestry's transcriptions come from freebmd and are usually not as up to date.

Pamela

Pamela Report 3 Mar 2008 14:45

Thanks for your help Potty, how did you find that I've looking all morning

Potty

Potty Report 3 Mar 2008 14:51

On Ancestry's home page, just below the search box, click on "Go Directly to UK Birth, Death and Marriage Record".

On the page that opens, click on Marriages under "Complete BMD Index ranges & Images 1837-1983". Enter Williams under Last Name, select Oct-Nov-Dec for quarter, enter 1921 for year.

Then you have to look down the spouses columns to find the Cuzick.

Luckily it was in the first column - there are a lot of Williams on the page!

Pamela

Pamela Report 3 Mar 2008 14:57

Thanks again Potty.

regards Pam