Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie

Maggie Report 10 Mar 2008 00:59

Does anyone know what sight will give access to marriages after 1932 in Scotland.

Scotlandpeople seem to stop at 1932.

Thanks Maggie

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 10 Mar 2008 03:09

Did you read scotlands people's privacy rules ? If they don't publish beyond 1932, you probably cannot access them except by direct application.

Denis

Denis Report 10 Mar 2008 09:47

This is the current position:

Birth and Death Indexes Up To 2006 Released ***

We are pleased to announce that new data (Please note Indexes Only) from the Statutory Register of Births up to 2006 and the Statutory Register of Deaths up to 2006 are now online.

Please note that these are indexes only (no images) and the marriage indexes will follow shortly.

If you cannot wait until the index is available then you could try approaching GRO Scotland (see their website) or the appropriate local register office.

Maggie

Maggie Report 10 Mar 2008 10:51

Thank you, Di and Denis.

The couple I'm looking for just passed the cut off date by 2 years (1933/34)

I just couldn't find another site, now I know there isn't one yet.

thanks again.

Maggie

Leslie

Leslie Report 11 Mar 2008 15:23

Maggie,
I am going to New Register House in Edinburgh on Thursday. If you give me the information you have I will look for the marriage for you.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Mar 2008 16:08

Jacki,

No marriage appears in the Miller name of Albert.to a Victoria,,from those it it brought up ,,1859 to 1930,for Albert Miller,,on SP.

Maggie

Maggie Report 12 Mar 2008 17:36

Thanks everyone for your help, especially Leslie.

Maggie