Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found on death duty registers what next?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 17 Mar 2008 20:45

Hi
I have found my 4x Great Grandfather on the index to death duty registers on the find my past website. He died in 1884 in Pimlico, Belgrave, St George Hanover Square, Middlesex. It states his name Joseph Woodhouse his place of residence - Pimlico and Joseph Woodhouse as the executor. There are some number and letters in the following collums. Where other listed place like Liverpool in one collum his appears to say PR. What I am trying to find out is how do i go about getting a copy of his will? Or information regarding this entry.
Any help on where to do next would be great
Thanks Karen

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 17 Mar 2008 21:32

You can apply for his will from the York Probate Office. Google for address. It will cost £5. The death duty registers are at the National Archives, Kew.