Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Building History for Record Offices???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 18 Mar 2008 20:18

Hi

I am doing the study of a London tenement block called Evelyn Buildings in Holborn, London where my ancestors lived from 1882 to 1889. I have had a thought about depositing a copy of it for the Local Studies at Holborn Library, Theobalds Road, where I have been to many times and I know some of the staff.

I wonder if they would allow me to deposit my building write up for others to see and study as this seems a good idea and it is about a building in the Holborn area and it is also full of info on life in a Victorian London tenement plus ancestral info for when my rellies lived there?

Ben

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 18 Mar 2008 20:47

Hi Kirsty

I hope they do allow it. I am sure they will as a lot of RO's do let researchers deposit their family trees. I am sure they will be delighted about a Building History in the area?

Ben

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 18 Mar 2008 21:07

I don't see why they wouldn't. I'm sure they'd be happy to.

At Kent Record Office there are several "home made" books in the library section where people have put together information. They're all catalogued and given one of those library numbers.

If it's local to the area - it's relevant and will be hepful to others.

Jill