Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

People giving permission to View Tree's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 18 Mar 2008 20:36

Hi all
I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.
I keep getting permission to view peoples tree's that i have not at all been in contact with before.
I pm one person and asked why he had given me permission? He replied back saying several people had contacted him about this certain person in his tree and i was one of them so gave me access, i have never been in contact with this person so what is going on!!!!. Any one else in the same boat
Regards
Tracy

Sam

Sam Report 18 Mar 2008 20:56

Yes, I've had quite a few. I usually reply with 'Why do you want to see my tree?' but nobody ever replies!

Sam x

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 18 Mar 2008 21:15

Im just wondering if they think that hot matches are people contacting them.
Tracy

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 18 Mar 2008 21:16

Yes I get them too...I wonder if they are anything to do with hotmatches.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 18 Mar 2008 21:43

I've had them too.....and when I've asked the person why had they given permission for me to see their tree...they hadn't! Very odd.

I often check 'my contacts' to see if I have any contacts have access to me tree...when they shouldn't have.

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 18 Mar 2008 21:46

I also check in my contacts first before i reply back asking why they have let me view their tree, 8 out of 10 times they dont reply.

Bee~fuddled.

Bee~fuddled. Report 18 Mar 2008 22:16

This has been a problem before. I think it's an intermittent 'glitch' - one of many! - with the GR system.

Have you reported it to the GR team?

Bee.