Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker 2006

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 22 Mar 2008 18:49

Help please! I have printed out one part of my family tree using this programme but it's enormous - taking up 12 sheets of A4 paper!!! Unmanagable. I've tried to reduce the size of print but then I can't read it. I'm obviously doing something wrong - can anyone advise please. Thank you.

Yvonne

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 22 Mar 2008 20:06

Thanks Lindy Too!

Sounds a good idea - I'll try it. Have you tried to transport it to another programme like microsoft word - doesn't seem to work either!

Yvonne

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 22 Mar 2008 21:07

When viewing the tree click on the top box at the right of the display ("Format"). This lets you change the format of the tree and can change the overall size, also don't include too many details (dates, places etc) as this makes the boxes very large.

Adding siblings, their spouses and children etc will also make a small number of generations cover quite a big area.

You can drag boxes around to reduce the "blank" areas too.

You can export the tree to PDF for viewing via the PC or sending to someone., simply right click anywhere on the screen then select "export to PDF" option.

Whenever you create a tree chart look at the lower right hand part of the screen, the size of the printed tree will be given
Glen

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 22 Mar 2008 21:20

Thanks for the advice guys! Will have a go in the morning. Yvonne