Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Did they get married?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 24 Mar 2008 11:18

I am looking for the marriage between Alfred Holland and Matilda Barrett.
Alfred was born c1847 in Borough, Surrey or Whitechapel Middlesex (I have not found his birth yet and he changes his mind on the censuses - His brothers and sisters were born Bermondsey and Deptford)
Matilda Barrett was born c1848 in Gorleston Norfolk or Cambridge (again she changed her mind a lot on censuses)
Their first daughter Matilda was born in 1869 in Deptford. They had one child born in Greenwich then the rest in Deptford.
I have tried on the boards once before but I am hoping that new eyes might help me find them.
I would be so grateful if anyone can help me. Alfreds parents were James William Hollands and Emma Davis.
I have no parents for Matilda Barrett.
Thanks for looking
Chris

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Mar 2008 11:34

Can we assume that you found MMN by purchasing a child's birth cert?

Reg

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 24 Mar 2008 11:41

Hi Reg

Yes I managed to get his sisters birth cert

Chris

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 24 Mar 2008 11:56

Wish they was Linda lol...