Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Poem for Nan still alive

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 24 Mar 2008 12:31

I wonder if any one can help.

2 years ago this May some kind people helped me find poems that helped my Nan with her grief after my Grandad passed away.
Now 2 years on and my Nan nearly hitting 84 I want to let my Nan know how wonderful she is while she is still alive. She hasnt been too good of late and we had a week of hoping the phone didnt ring with awful news.

I have looked on the internet and the only poems I have found are one's about now that your gone Nan which obviously I cant send her.

I would be very grateful of any help.

Kind regards Lisax

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Mar 2008 12:37

What are Grandma's For?

Grandmas are for stories
about things of long ago.

Grandmas are for caring
about all the things you know...

Grandmas are for rocking you
and singing you to sleep.

Grandmas are for giving you
nice memories to keep...

Grandmas are for knowing
all the things you're dreaming of...

But, most importantly of all,
Grandmas are for love.

~~ Author Unknown ~~

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Mar 2008 12:38

Everything my grandma does
is something special made with love.

She takes time to add the extra touch
that says, "I love you very much."

She fixes hurts with a kiss and smile
and tells good stories grandma-style.

It's warm and cozy on her lap
for secret telling or a nap.

And when I say my prayer at night,
I ask God to bless and hold her tight.

Cause when it comes to giving hugs
my grandma's arms are filled with love!

~~ Author Unknown ~~

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Mar 2008 12:47

There are some more poems on this site:-

http://www.things-to-say.com/e-cards-greetings-grandma.htm

Kath. x

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 24 Mar 2008 13:07

Thank you so much Kathleen you have been great. i will save these and send them to her.

Thanks again

Kind regards Lisax

Dea

Dea Report 24 Mar 2008 13:10

Hi,

If you want to pm me some info and details on your Nan - I could try to 'pen' an appropriate 'personal' poem if you like?

Dea x

JustJean

JustJean Report 24 Mar 2008 13:29

In my home I have always written THE LETTER as my family call it, because no one interupts a letter is
a good way of putting down all the feelings you have for someone,its easier than face to face.Heartfelt
thoughts and thanks are there to be read over and over again.

Jean x

Dea

Dea Report 24 Mar 2008 13:32

I think Jean's suggestion is the one, after all, it is YOUR 'personal' thoughts, feelings and memories of her which she will most understand and cherish!

Dea x

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 24 Mar 2008 13:39

Hi Jean and Dea

Thank you both for your suggestions unfortunately for you Dea I have spent so long pm you I missed the reply from Jean and yourself.

I know I am being silly and I shouldnt think of the worst but I dont think she will be here for long. If I wrote to her I think (as I have just done to Dea) I would just rammble on? maybe not? I will give it a go though.
So thank you ladies very much.

kindest regards Lisax

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Mar 2008 15:25

I would 'ramble on' if I were you...........your gran would get more pleasure from reading your words than she would from someone else's...........

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 24 Mar 2008 15:59

Thank you Reggie

In the same sort of words that is what Dea has explained to me. you are a star and always to the point in such a good way. thank you for replying

Kindest regards lisa xx

JustJean

JustJean Report 24 Mar 2008 16:08

Write it all down everthing,then re-read it and edit if you need to, but I bet you wont, write all your love in every word, it will be felt by you lovely nan.
just go for it.better to tell someone whilst they are still here.

Jean x