Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sup Regs Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 24 Mar 2008 23:15

Frederick Archer married Margaret Ann Crossley on 28 September 1879 at the Parish Church of St John the Evangelist, Over Darwen Lancashire. Normall, marriages were after reading Banns or with a Licence, but this one says "Sup Regs Certificate". Anyone any idea what that means?

Regards

Margaret

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 24 Mar 2008 23:25

Nudged up yesterdays thread for you.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Mar 2008 23:26

Margaret

Do you know how to find your threads to look for replies?

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 25 Mar 2008 00:15

Eeh, Reggie, I know nothing. I did learn a while ago, but haven't been on the site for a bit. So please do remind me how to find my threads. I looked down at the bottom, as I do on my other frequent search site, Alzheimer's Society, sadly, but couldn't see anything equivalent.

So please do remind me, cos I appreciate I have posted the same thread twice.

Regards

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 25 Mar 2008 00:21

Margaret, I have actually sent you a personnel message explaining how to view your threads.
(Click on messages at the top to view it)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Mar 2008 00:23

Look in the Yellow box to the left of the screen

Click on My Threads

All the threads you have started or on which you have posted will show

sylvia