Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I get siblings linked......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn1976

Lynn1976 Report 25 Mar 2008 02:46

on the tree, when I have found them seperately through another branch???

For example, I have two brothers who i had in the tree and during my research I have found their wives. The wives happen to be sisters, but don't register as sisters only as the wives....Are you with me?

Can I link them somehow so that it shows that not onl did they marry brothers, but that they also are sisters?

TIA :)

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 25 Mar 2008 04:23

Hi Lyn,
Not on here you can't. If you have a genealogy program such as FTM you can merge them there then import a gedcom on to here. If you don't have a program I would suggest you get one toot sweet!
B

Lynn1976

Lynn1976 Report 25 Mar 2008 10:04

I didn't think it could be done, but there is no harm in asking LOL

Ann

Ann Report 25 Mar 2008 11:28

I haev just realised that I sorted a similar problem out without even knowing

I had two sisters married to the same man The first one died then he marriaed her younger sister. But on here you cant seem to link them
Now I found that deleting my gedcom and reimporting one from my PAF . They are correctly linked as the mans spouses and sister (children of the same parents)
HTH
Ann

BrianW

BrianW Report 25 Mar 2008 12:04

PAF does cater for that situation (thank goodness) as I have several instances of two brothers marrying two sisters, cousins marrying or a man marrying his widow's sister, none of which GR can cope with on direct input.

Lynn1976

Lynn1976 Report 26 Mar 2008 03:53

You guys lost me with all the PAF and Gedcom stuff LOL