Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help me with Joseph?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 25 Mar 2008 13:04

I have misplaced an ancestor on the census - Joseph Hurst b. 1848 in Aughton, Lancs and wondered if anyone around has a brain for logic today?

I have got him in 1851 (living in Maghull), 1871 (at Melling) and in 1891/1901 (living in Kirkdale) but can't get him in 1881. He, at this point, was married to Ellen Lovelady (b. 1837, Ince Blundell) and they had had six children:

Stephen (1870-1899, b. Liverpool), Francis Joseph (1872-1895?, b. Melling), Joseph (b. 1875 Melling), twins Peter and John (both 1876-1876) and Peter (b. 1879 Melling). Have tried searching by first names only but nothing is coming up.

Miriam

Miriam Report 25 Mar 2008 14:38

Dear Kate

Have found them on the 1880 US census on www.familysearch.org - search for Stephen born 1870 and they come up.

Best wishes

Maria

Kate

Kate Report 25 Mar 2008 15:06

Thank you so much - sometimes you get so into thinking that if they were living in one place in 1879 they must be there in 1881 etc. I will have to try what my A Level art teacher suggested - thinking outside the box!

Kate

Kate Report 25 Mar 2008 15:09

Hi Sue.

Does the Ancestry record have the same info as on familysearch.org? I have found them on there now and I see the address is as you gave it but I didn't know if it would have any more details.

Thanks
Kate