Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dublin-America Boats

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ben

Ben Report 25 Mar 2008 19:06

Does anyone have information on boat travel between Dublin and America?
My ancestors moved from Phoenix Park in Dublin to America in the 1860s/70s, does anybody know from where they would have travelled?
Where can I get access to the information I need to find out which boats and what destinations those boats went to?
Thanks
Ben

Moira

Moira Report 25 Mar 2008 19:20

Hello Ben. do you have access to find my past. There you can look up sailings to USA
Moira

Ben

Ben Report 25 Mar 2008 19:24

ive looked on there but it only starts in the 1890s, the info i need is before that.
Thanks anyway

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 25 Mar 2008 21:03

Ben, if you'd like to post your information, there are a few of us who can look for you on Ancestry.

Are you sure they stayed in America? I have a couple of ancestors who sailed to America, but settled in Ontario, Canada. (The others, I believe, sailed directly to Canada.)

Ben

Ben Report 26 Mar 2008 09:40

Kieron Reynolds born between 1820 and 1830 in Chapelizod, Phoenix Park, Dublin.
He possibly took his wife and all his children bar one.
He definately didn't leave before 1865 as that is when my great-great-great grandma was born. So boats around 1860s/70s as my g-g-g grandma moved to England when she was 6, so i'm guessing Kieron moved at the same time.
Thanks!
Ben

Ben

Ben Report 26 Mar 2008 09:41

p.s. I have no idea where they went to, my grandad just says that they crossed the atlantic!!