Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Philipson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 25 Mar 2008 21:34

Hi does anyone know where i can get info on the elect registar for Botcherby Carlisle i have an address and thats all i have found of my dads family its a lead so far please help ?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 25 Mar 2008 21:42

If it's a current address someone is offering lookups for 2007 and 2008 but cannot remember who or which board. It's either Tips or Records though.

Jill

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Mar 2008 23:00

If you have a surname and an address, try BT website.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Mar 2008 23:03

Electoral registers are kept at the nearest reference library to the address. Most libraries have an email address (Google to find it), and some library staff are willing to do electoral roll look-ups for you (although some won't). There may or may not be a charge for this service.

Kath. x

Jackie

Jackie Report 25 Mar 2008 23:09

You could ask Jean on the "Records Office" board "Who Are You Looking For On The Electrol Roll 2008"

Dee x