Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing people site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 27 Mar 2008 17:41

(I hope I dont get told off for posting this on this board but I know many of you are interested in mispers). An astonishing amount of people, both adults and children, go 'missing' in England and Wales every single year. Most return home within days at the most; some make the decision to start a new life; and some simply vanish. In certain cases, usually little girls, the media are very interested - big headlines, reward money, press conferences. But what for the other missing people? The press quickly lose interest, and that's if they ever got involved in the first place. Chillingly, a minority of 'mispers' seem to vanish off the face of the earth without a trace. In this small country, how is it possible? And why does no-one care? I decided to set up this basic site as a tribute to those lost. http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=6169448443

Carter

Carter Report 27 Mar 2008 18:21

hi i tried the link but couldnt get it to work
linda

RStar

RStar Report 27 Mar 2008 20:36

This will work. Genes have automatically made a space between the first two slashes, which shouldn't be there.

Whirley

Whirley Report 28 Mar 2008 10:58

I just checked this out RS, great idea....and looks good..

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 28 Mar 2008 12:59

I just took a look at the website, I couldn't believe so many people go missing from home, the ages differ so much, some very young, and middle aged or older.
It must be so difficult for their families too.

Betty

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Mar 2008 15:06

How sad, amazing to think in this day and age someone can still vanish without a trace, prayers for all those connected to these families. x

RStar

RStar Report 28 Mar 2008 17:08

Eileen, if you copy and paste (right click on mouse) it should work. Just realised you've deleted your posts, hopefully its sorted now.

RStar

RStar Report 29 Mar 2008 19:06

If anyone's passing through Liverpool Street station (London) tomorrow, there will be missing childrens placards up. At least 2 of the children featured have previously received very minimal publicity.