Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed where to go next

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 28 Mar 2008 12:13

I have found my grans name in the elec reg for Carlisle i knew the address which was 3 Ennerdale Av. and now know she was Louise Phillipson married to John Phillipson but thats as far as i can get without any dates help where can i find this out ?

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 28 Mar 2008 12:19

What exactly are you trying to find out ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Mar 2008 12:25

Which year's ER do you have?

JackieinEssex

JackieinEssex Report 28 Mar 2008 16:26

What Electoral role date are you checking? What year was the first of their children born? You don't say if it is your materal or paternal parents you are looking for. Your parent's birth certificate will give Louise's maiden name. You can then look for a likely marriage shortly before the first of their children was born. If any of the children are born after 1911 their birth record on Ancestry will give Louise's maiden name.